LAFO serves as a think-tank of all the Formation Programs in the Philippines. It conceptualizes the course (content and methodology) of all the formation programs such as Lasallian Summer Studies Institute (LSSI), Lasallian Leadership Formation Program (LLFP), Trainings of Alumni and LAFO Formators.
- Respond to the critical need of animation and formation programs
- Build communities that would sustain, nourish & deepen spirituality of the different District schools
- Create a strong network among all the different mission offices in the different District schools.
- Lasallian Special Studies Institute (LSSI)
It is a two-week live in summer course on the story of St. John Baptist De La Salle and the Lasallian Family in the Philippines who wish to deepen their knowledge and appreciation of the charism of St. John Baptist De La Salle and the rich heritage of the Lasallian Institute.
- Tagpuan (Luzon), Paghugpong (Visayas), Pinaghimamat (Mindanao)
Originally, the one-day gathering was conceived as fellowship for all formators and volunteers. It aimed at accompanying campus ministers & social action personnel.
- Lasallian Leadership Formation Program (LLFP)
The LLFP was originally run for three consecutive summer sessions of 9 days. Each summer session was followed by two-weekend sessions during the year. The previous program offered the participants a variety of themes relating to Lasallian tradition and spirituality, pedagogy and school management with the content of the program often being determined by the presenters.
- Lasallian Institute for Formation Training (LIFT) / Rue Neuve
LIFT/Rue Neuve is a weeklong program designed to train facilitators to conduct the Lasallian Leadership Formation Programs in the different institutions as part of an institutional faculty formation/leadership succession program. The sessions will be given in 2 batches: one for Luzon and the other for the Visayas and Mindanao